If you’re going to the UK, what do you need to carry with you in your bag?
I thought I’d post this, ’cause a lot of people ask me about it every time I mention travelling to the UK. You do need some essentials, specially if you are going to walk around a big, big city like London. Here are my essentials!
Please bear in mind that I won’t be covering the obvious items, like cameras, ID, etc. I may mentioned one or two, though, knowing me.
- A Tube map – yes, it’s a cliché, but a must nonetheless. ALWAYS carry a Tube map with you, ’cause you never know when you want to go somewhere on a whim, or because you want to meet some friends outside your ‘comfort zone’!
- An umbrella – pretty self-explanatory. It rains a lot in the UK – better safe than sorry! Quick tip: If you want to look like a true Brit, don’t buy those Union Flag ones, no matter how cute they are!
- Hand sanitiser – you are bound to travel by tube, bus or whatever, and you don’t want to catch any disease! Every time you get out of public transportation, make sure you sanitise your hands (or any areas that were in contact with any surface inside the transport)
- Money – I know, I know, that sounds so incredibly obvious, but some people only carry their credit cards, which I think is a mistake. Carry some change around with you – you never know when you’ll need some!
- A bag inside your bag! It’s ideal when you’re visiting flea markets (think Portobello Road) and/or awesome shops, or even if you want to pop to Sainsbury’s or Tesco’s to buy those blueberry muffins you love so much (Sainsbury’s blueberry muffins are to die for). And it’s ecological, too!
- A bottle of water – When doing a lot of sightseeing, make sure you keep your body hydrated! (see? It’s obvious, and I still mention it. Twat!)
- Hand cream and vaseline – The weather tends to be quite harsh, so make sure you carry some hand cream around with you to moisturise your hands. The same applies to vaseline – keep your lips moist! You don’t want them chapped.
- Some to entertain you when travelling by public transportation – a book, your Kindle, your iPod, you name it.
- Gloves and a scarf, you don’t have ’em on already. It’s bound to be chilly in the mornings and evenings.
- A hair elastic, you something similar to it – your hair will thank you. The wind will just make you look like you’re having a bad hair day.
- Shades – if it is snowing outside, it’s advisable for you to wear them, just to make sure you don’t burn your skin.
- Waterproof mascara – if it is raining, you’ll be thankful!
I hope you find this helpful!
Posted on February 29, 2012, in Lifestyle and tagged anglophile, If you're going to the UK, uk tourism, uk travel, what do you need to carry with you in your bag?, what to carry in your bag. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.