London Fashion Week 2012 | The Essentials (First 13)
It’s that time of the year again! It’s Fashion Week, baby!
I confess to not being a big fashion buff, but I do like to keep in touch with the fashionista in me – however, I don’t pay any attention whatsoever to any Fashion Week but London’s because, let’s face it… the best garments and accessories can always be found there.
Without further ago, I present you with some of the essentials for this season… Are you ready?
- Appliques! Forget about bland, matte sweaters. Embelishments are high this season.
- Strong brows – keep tweezers away from you. Well,… sorta.
- Crop tops and mettalics – maybe not at once.
- Metallic gold-leaf eyeshadows + (my personal favourite) red lipstick!
- Ripped and frayed denim – not sure I agree.
- Fairytale-like dresses – that’s more like it. Just don’t overdo it!
- Art Deco derived motifs – I love Art Deco, so I guess I’d actually splurge on a few items (except I’m skint!)
- Florals – not a big fan, but meh, they’ll do.
- Pastels – I love a nice pastel-coloured dress.
- Jacquards – these fit pear-shaped bodies to a tee.
- Ahtletic physiques – I’m out.
- Sporty clothes – hooray!
- Monochrome – I love black and white, so kudos for that.